Friday, January 6, 2012

Toyota RAV4 in Free Format

Here is a video from a CGI project I had a major role in at Storm Productions. The end result was fantastic to experience in real life. There was a stand in the Copenhagen Airport in 2006 where the company Vizoo had an installation with a real life size car projected onto a "transparant" screen. I had never worked with Free Format before. I don't think a lot of people had at that time.

It was tricky to do the video because the car had to drive somewhere but it couldn't be in another environment because it was inside the installation box at the airport. So I came up with the idea of making animated HDR images showing the environment more clearly as it the car moves along. I think it works very well. It also needed to align perfectly compared to the viewing angle of the people passing by. It was very interesting to work with. I hope they had uploaded a better quality video by I guess we have to make to with what we have.

Just to mention again, this video was to be experienced in real life, and it was a fantastic pay off to get to the airport and see the final result. I hope the video shows the idea of how it was to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment